Indoor Air Quality Testing
We Quantify The Invisible Molds, Formaldahyde, VOCs, Dust Mites, Allergens, Particles and Radon In Your Home's Indoor Air
Answer Your Questions
If you don't test, it's just a guess.
Sometimes you feel as if something is wrong, but you’re not sure what it is. It might be mold, particulates, VOCs, or something in your home’s air that is making you feel badly. Breathe Easy Home’s indoor air quality testing services help you understand your home ‘s air quality today, right now, among a wide array of allergens and pollutants that may interest you or your doctor.
For many tests, however, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has not set clear standards about testing your air that make it easy for us to say, “This is good” or “This is bad.” The reality is that every person is different, and each person has different levels of sensitivity. We know that fewer allergens and less pollution is better, and we will review your results with you to provide as much context as we can so you understand how to use the results, and the limitations of the results. Our goal is to help you and your doctor have the most accurate information about your home’s indoor air quality.
Mold testing is a great example. Mold testing will always show fungi/mold both inside and outside the home. Mold is everywhere. We get concerned when a mold test reveals that there is significantly more mold inside compared to outside, particularly if the mold is a known “black mold” or bad type of mold. We also get concerned when our visual and infrared inspection reveals large patches of visible mold growth.
With results in hand, we’ll help you address acute issues in your home such as mold remediation. For a more permanent fix, Breathe Easy Home’s 5-point indoor air quality improvement program reduces allergens and pollutants and prevents them from coming back.
Testing Types and Fees
We offer significant discounts for bundled tests.
Each test includes a report that describes the findings, and time for you to ask your Healthy Home Adviser questions about your results. We’ll send you results electronically so you can share them with your doctor.
- MOLD TESTING – $250 – Includes one outdoor sample, plus two indoor samples. $50 for additional samples. This is a mold spores test. Laboratory Test. 1 hour. 1 week results.
- FORMALDEHYDE TESTING – $200 – Real time results using calibrated equipment. 1 hour. Instant results.
- PET, DUST MITE AND INSECT ALLERGEN TESTING – $350 – Laboratory analysis required. Includes dust mite, cat, dog, rat, mouse, and cockroach. 1 hour. 2 week results.
- PARTICLE TESTING – $200 – Real time results using calibrated equipment. Includes ultrafine particles, PM2.5, and PM10. 1 hour. Instant results.
- VOCs AND MOLD VOC TESTING – $300 – Combined test for Volatile Organic Compounds. Report includes likely sources. Mold VOCs indicate the presence of active mold growth (not spores). Includes 2 locations. 2.5 hours. 2 week results.
- RADON TESTING – $175 – As short-duration tests are susceptible to false negatives, our test takes nine months. We leave a sensor in your home, and will remind you nine months later to send it in for laboratory analysis. 1 hour.